From LongJump Support Wiki
The Community Tenancy feature can be used by ISVs to create community applications like Support Portal, Answers, Ideas and Social Networking.
The Community provides a space where all Users in all the tenancies (under a single ISV) can share knowledge and collaborate, without requiring a separate login to the platform.
How it Works
All new Users in all the tenancies (under a single ISV) are then automatically associated with the Community account. This provides single sign-on capability via the community user credentials.
If the Community Tenancy feature is enabled in a tenancy with existing users, additional steps must be taken to make the association.
- Learn more: Enabling a Community Tenant with Existing Users
Configure a Community Tenancy
- Complete the following steps to create a Community User (Linked Community Username):
- Create a New Tenant
- Create a Community Application in that Tenant via Sites
- In Service Provider Settings, enable Community Tenant Configuration from Service Provider Settings
- Users added to the tenancies are automatically added as users in the Community to enable single sign-on access
- The ISV can login to the community tenancy to see the list of site users
- The Community User associated with the Community Tenancy is based on the Username:
- For Username of firstname.lastname@example.org, the Community User is email@example.com
- Users are automatically logged into the Community Tenancy application whenever they login to their tenancy
- Users are automatically logged out from the Community Tenancy application whenever they log out from the tenancy
- After the Community Tenancy is enabled, the User object in the community tenant should not have any required, user-defined field, otherwise addition of Users or Tenants will fail
- If ISVs is not planning to expose the Community Tenancy application registration to the public unless they also register for tenancy then the Community Tenancy username will never by needed by users and they need not know about this
Enabling a Community Tenant with Existing Users
To add existing Users in existing Tenancies to a Community Tenancy, complete the following steps:
- Create a Registration Page in the Community Tenancy
- Invite Existing Users to register using this page (send the link via Email)
- After Users register, use the LINK_TO_COMMUNITY_LOGIN service to link the Username with the Community User; Choose one of the following methods:
- Via Link a User to the Community
- Via the following service:
- This Service can only be invoked by Tenant users after they have logged into their tenancy
After any one of the services has been executed successfully, the Username and Community User are now connected. From this point forward, when the user logs in to their tenancy, they are automatically logged in to the Community Tenancy.
Sync User Profile Information
By default, the User Profile in the Community Tenancy is automatically kept in sync with the user's Personal Setup Information, found in: My Information.
The following fields are automatically synchronized:
- First Name
- Last name