From LongJump Support Wiki
A Development Tenancy is a tenant instance that functions solely as a development workspace--a separate sandbox in which developers can design, build, and test custom packages. Such tenancies are used to Develop in the Cloud.
- Distributing a Package Created in a Development Tenancy
- Development Tenancies do not have a Publish operation.
- Instead, a Download Package is created to Distribute via .ZIP File.
- Package Subscribers can then use the Install from File option to install the package.
- The key advantage to distributing packages in this manner is that Package Subscribers gain the ability to customize and repackage the installed platform elements.
- Publishing a Package Acquired from a Development Tenancy
- When a tenant subscribes to a package created in a Development Tenancy:
- The package can be republished without modification.
- The package can be modified and then republished.
- Package items can be used to create new packages.
- In contrast, Subscribers who install packages from other sources cannot rework the package, republish it, or repackage any of the package items.
Learn more: Collaborative Development Configurations