From LongJump Support Wiki
Language translation provides the ability to enable Multiple Languages in the LongJump Platform and configure custom messages using the Translation Workbench and Custom Labels. Organizations can decide which of the supported languages will be available for use. Individual users can then select their language from the list of available languages.
- In an organization based in North America, language translations are set up to display language labels and messages written in Spanish, as well as the default English language. The users can then choose the language they prefer.
These languages are pre-loaded into the platform:
- English (en)
- Spanish (es)*
- Portuguese (hi)*
- * Recent additions to the platform may not yet have been translated.
Note: If your service provider has made additional languages available, administrators will see them listed under Company Information.
- ISV Considerations
- To be available for use in the platform, additional language translations must be preloaded via the Translation Workbench.
- The list of languages that can be supported is determined by the character set available at the server level.
- Learn more: Installation Guide
Enabling Multiple Languages
Make Languages Available to Users
- To enable a language from the list of preloaded language translations:
- Click Settings > Administration > Company Information
- Click the [Edit] button
- In the Available Language Setup section, complete the following information
- Use the lookup icon to select and add available languages
- Optionally, use the delete icon to remove a language and make it unavailable to users
Specify a Default Language
Users can select a default language as a preference from the list of available languages in My Information.
- Individual Users can change the default language to any available language at any time
- The default language is English
- Learn more: Language Translation
The ability to specify a language is enabled by default for all users in Default Roles
- To select the default language:
- Click Settings > Personal Setup > My Information > Edit
- In the Basic Information section, complete the following information:
- Choose one from any of the available language(s)