Mass Delete Data
From LongJump Support Wiki
Settings > Data Management > Mass Delete Data
The Mass Delete Data feature provides the ability to quickly delete multiple records based on specific criteria, as defined in a View.
- Learn more: Mass Operations
Perform a Mass Delete
To do a Mass Delete:
- Create a View that selects the desired records
- Click Settings > Data Management > Mass Delete Data.
- In the Mass Delete Data page, enter the following information in the required fields:
- Select an Object from the list
- Select the View that contains the records to delete
- Optionally, click the [Preview] button to view the list of records to be deleted.
- Click the [Execute] button to delete all the records in the selected view
A confirmation dialog appears
- Click [OK] to confirm the action.
When the Mass Delete is complete, a success message is displayed, indicating the number of records deleted.
Undo a Mass Delete
To undo a Mass Delete, see Recycle Bin.
See Offline Processing for Batches of 2500 Records or More for details on handling large batch operations.
Delete an Audit Log
After a mass delete action is executed on Audit Log records, a single entry is recorded in the Audit Log, which includes these elements:
- Filter criteria of the View used to select the records to delete; Contains these fields: Filter by Record Ownership, Date Filter, Column (Field) Filter and Subquery filter
- Object Name
- Number of records deleted