Mass Update Data
From LongJump Support Wiki
Settings > Data Management > Mass Update Data
The Mass Update Data feature lets you quickly update field-specific information for multiple records.
- Learn more: Mass Operations
- Set the [Do Not Mass Email] field to 1 (True) for a group of contact records
- Change the Due Date for a group of task records
- Update a Department name for a group of account records
- In order to apply a mass update, first create a View that includes all the records to be updated
- Because a Mass Update action overwrites field data, this action cannot be revoked
- The Recycle Bin option is not available for Mass Update actions
To apply a Mass Update:
- Create a custom View that filters for the records you want
- Click Settings > Data Management > Mass Update Data
- Enter the following information:
- Select an Object from the list
- Select the View that contains the records you want to update
- Choose a Field and specify the new Value
- Optionally, click the [Preview Records] button to confirm that these are the records you want to affect.
- Click the [Execute] button to apply the update to all the records in the view.
A confirmation dialog appears.
- Click the [OK] button to confirm the action.
See Mass Operation Status to monitor progress of the update.
See Offline Processing for Batches of 2500 Records or More for details on handling large batch operations.