Version 10.2 Installable
From LongJump Support Wiki
Release Notes for the installable version of the LongJump Platform.
About the Installable Version
The installable version of the platform lets you create and manage a private cloud behind your corporate firewall. It can also be used to set up a public cloud that serves multiple clients--generally with a shared application and global data. This page highlights changes to the installation process, along with features of the new release.
New Platform Functionaliy
Many new features have been added to the platform. For a complete list, see the platform Release Notes.
Installable Version Functionality
These new and changed features are of interest to those who maintain an instance of the platform's installable version:
Platform-Version Detected During Package Installation
- If you attempt to install a package that was created in the cloud, you get an error or warning message if the cloud platform version is more recent than the version of the on-premise platform into which the package is being installed.
- For example, if your on-premise platform is version 10.2.0.0000, then:
- A package created in the cloud cannot be installed if the cloud platform is 10.3 or later. (A "major release" of that kind invariably has changes in the database schema that would cause the application to fail.)
- A package created in the cloud produces a warning if the cloud platform is 10.2.0.0001 or later. (A "minor release" is not expected to have significant changes in the database schema. On the other hand, it cannot be guaranteed to work. A warning is generated to let you know that the package should be thoroughly tested in a sandbox, before proceeding with a production installation.)
- Files that contain null characters can no longer be uploaded to the platform.
- (The operating system sees a null character as end-of-file, which allows a malicious script to be embedded after the null.)
Installing and Upgrading
Ensure that Software Requirements are Met
- Before starting either a First-Time Installation or a platform upgrade, ensure that dependent utilities are at the minimum levels specified in the Software Requirements.
JAVA 7.0 IS REQUIRED
- In particular, note that the Java 7.0 JDK is required for installation, as mentioned in the Software Requirements. In addition to its other advantages, Java 7.0 guards against files that contain null bytes, so it is a critical part of the security upgrade mentioned previously.
IMPORTANT: REPUBLISH ALL PACKAGES
- After installing, republish all packages that were made available in the prior version.
- (Settings for the Report tab were added in the 2 Jun 2014 upgrade. Those settings would not exist in a package published from a previous version of the platform.)
- Platform Installation Guide (production installation)